Area Rug Cleaning
Not all area rugs are the same. They have different weaves and different dyes, which dictate how they are cleaned. At Oriental Rug Cleaning Co., we adapt our unique cleaning process to ensure that each specific rug is as thoroughly cleaned as possible.
At Oriental Rug Cleaning, cleaning a hand-woven rug is a multi-step process designed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness without compromising delicate dyes or weaves:
- Pre-cleaning inspection to determine pre-existing conditions, fiber content, colorfastness, cleaning concerns, and appropriate cleaning methods
- Thorough dusting using compressed air that removes 10 times the amount of dry soil that is achieved through vacuuming
- Thorough cleaning using a total immersion process designed to remove most types of soil
- Deodorization in an enzyme bath to address unpleasant odors from pet urine, smoke residue, or other sources
- Rinsing eliminates detergent residues, which can cause re-soiling and fiber deterioration
- Grooming sets the pile in its original direction and straightens the fringe
- Drying in our heated dry room
- Post cleaning inspection
Delicate textiles, tapestries, and wall hangings, especially hand-woven and loomed textiles, require careful cleaning and care to extend their life and beauty. We carefully hand clean them to preserve and enhance their beauty, fiber integrity, woven designs, and dyes.