– To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Varying the Pathways
– When furniture is placed on the rug, it creates a natural pathway that is used frequently. Move the furniture on the rug so walkways are changed. This will stop the damage of a wear pattern in just one place.
– Oriental and area rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
Shags and other longer-pile rugs
– These types of rugs can get caught in the rotating beater bar of your vacuum cleaner. It’s best to use an attachment without one or flip the rug over and vacuum the bottom.
– A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear, and slippage.
– Having a professional area rug cleaning
by Oriental Rug Cleaning Co. will ensure it is done properly and with care to protect your treasure.